(I love the Valley Market in Eden, but whenever I go to Ogden I try to stop at a "real" grocery store for things I can't find at the Market).
While I was standing in the checkout line, I remembered I had forgotten to get glue. I instructed Price that when the people in front of us had finished putting their groceries on the belt he should put down one of those separator bars and start unloading our cart. When I returned, he had unloaded everything and the checker was just about finished. So I swiped my ATM card, payed for the items, and we put the bagged groceries in our cart and headed to the car where we unloaded them and drove home.
When we got home we carried the bags into the kitchen and I noticed there was a bag of items that weren't mine. Then another bag, another, and yet another. Somehow I ended up with not only my groceries, but someone else's groceries as well. Of course I felt terrible that I had acquired someone's food until I looked at my receipt and saw that I had payed for all these unwanted items:
3 cans chicken broth
2 cans evaporated milk
chicken bouillon cubes
strawberry jello
2 packages cream cheese (cheap brand)
2 packages margarine
bag of lettuce
asparagus
6 bananas (I had already bought three)
2 packages cubed beef steak (no idea how to cook that)
box of strawberries
some yummy bread
2 loaves of sliced wheat bread
When I asked Price how this could possibly have happened, of course, he had no idea. And on the receipt these items and my food were all mixed in. It wasn't like these were all the first items and mine were the last. How Price managed this I do not know. But I will be more careful next time I ask him to unload the cart.
4 comments:
Goodness gracious! Time to make banana bread!
I am sitting alone at my computer hysterically laughing out loud. This is so funny. How in the world did that happen??
Cubed beef - maybe make a stew? kabobs?
i am laughing out loud too! almost tearing cuz im laughing so hard. hahaha "yummy bread" hu? save some of that for me! price---what a dork.
This is too funny. I wonder what the person who was missing food items did about it? They were not very observant, eh? This is actually worse than when someone takes your food basket never to be found again, which has happened to me. 1. never found 2. retrieved
Post a Comment