Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sunny and warm Costa Rica. Gracias!






Here are some pictures of our trip to Costa Rica.  We had a great time.  We took Price and his cousin, Nate.  The weather was warm and beautiful.  So nice to be out of the snow.  
I am proud to say that I went on the Congo Canopy tour.  I actually loved the zipping part.  But I was not happy standing on the rickety platforms waiting for my turn to go again.  After all, this is Costa Rica, no mandatory safety standards, and the platforms looked like they could collapse any minute.  I also hated holding onto the line and jumping up so the cable could be attached.  (I think the guy attaching the cable hated it also because he had to boost me up every time.) I was certain I was just going to topple right off the edge.

Jeff and I ate at a wonderful restaurant in Flamingo Beach called Mar y Sol.  We happened upon it after watching the sunset and they sat us at the best table for two overlooking the ocean.  Someone had cancelled their 5:30 reservation, so the chef gave us the table.  Dessert was bananas flambé and chocolate volcano cake. 

We went to church in Santa Cruz on Sunday.  The building was tiny.  The people were so nice.

Jeff loved all the bird watching.  I'm sure he will post something about all the great birds he saw.

1 comment:

Rachel U said...

WELCOME FAMILY to the blogging world. so glad you did this mom!! i am excited to see all the future posts! i love the picture of dad and his broken boogie board. hahahaha. so funny!